Friday, January 7, 2011

Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, to go please.

Last night I picked up a Panera sandwich to go for dinner. I got this at my "home base" of the New Albany Panera. I wasn't that hungry, yet I was feeling adventurous. I decided to try the veggie sandwich and opted for an apple as the side item.

I really like their Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. After I ordered the sandwich, I had my regrets. You see, it didn't specify all the ingredients on the menu, it just simply says Mediterranean Veggie on the menu board. I just assumed I would like all the veggies. After ordering, I was worried there would be olives. The sandwich is made up of the following ingredients according to the Panera website:
Zesty Peppadew™ piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro JalapeƱo hummus on Tomato Basil bread
I forgot to take a photo of my sandwich...but here is a photo I found online. Notice this one has the tomato basil bread.

My only complaint about my experience with this sandwich: They were out of Tomato Basil. I opted for the less exciting whole wheat. It was still good, but I think tomato basil would give it that extra something.

I will definitely put this Panera sandwich on the list as a good standby (next to the sierra turkey, of course).

I am now in Orlando and have plans to visit a Panera while down here. This will be my first official out-of-state Panera review. What a big weekend it is going to be!

No comments: