Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Albany (N. Hamilton Rd)...aka Home Base

This write up is dedicated to the Panera that I frequent the most. I refer to this one as my home base. Instead of describing one particular experience at this Panera, I will describe my overall rating of this one. I have lived near this Panera for the past 2.5 years, and I can't tell you how many times I have been here. I would say that a conservative estimate would be at least 1 time per month over those 2.5 years...so, 30 visits? hmm...at roughly $10/visit, I have spent over $300? But I digress....

Even though this Panera is considered my home base, I would have to say that it is not my favorite based solely on the layout. As I have mentioned before, for whatever reason, I like the Panera's with a community room. This one does not have that feature.

Service:
I have never had any real problems with the service or the staff. I have found them to be very good.

Food:
9 times out of 10 I stick with the same pick 2...so it is really difficult to mess that one up.

Restrooms:
Typically they are fine. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dining experience:
This is the Panera that I will frequent a lot with just myself and my laptop. It is not usually overcrowded so I typically am able to find a corner somewhere that I am not bothering someone and work away. (I also tend to go at the non-peak hours)
Because I am usually on my laptop at this location, I notice that there could be more outlets. There are really only 2 ideal locations for the single laptop user. My personal fave, and the one that is usually not available is located next to the restrooms. Second fave is located near the self-serve drinks and the secondary exit.

Random thoughts....
It seems that they are always running out of regular butter. One such illustration of this event took place a week ago. I ordered a greek salad, french onion soup, and a wheat baguette to go. I went to grab a couple of butters and there were none to be found. Not a big deal. So I just asked one of the workers for butter, who then disappeared to find this fabled butter. By this time, another customer behind me was on the same quest to find butter. I assured the lady that they were about the re-stock the butter. To both of our surprises, the worker appears with a handful of butter packets. I grab one packet and then he disappeared to the back with the butter. The other customer and I looked at eachother in disbelief. I guess butter is a hot commodity around here, was our comment to each other.

Despite the layout and that one incident with the butter, I enjoy this Panera. Otherwise I would not frequent this Panera as often as I do.

No comments: