Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hold the onions at the Lancaster Panera

This past week my dad and I had a meeting with a customer in Lancaster. Due to the fact that the meeting was scheduled at 11 AM, I secretly hoped that lunch would be involved post meeting. In the back of my mind, I was hoping for a Panera visit. Unfortunately, the meeting ran a little longer than planned, and my dad needed to get back to Zanesville. I was disappointed, but told myself I would be back. I knew I would be able to cope.

Well, you can imagine my surprise, when we happened to drive past the Lancaster Panera. From out of nowhere, my dad suggested we grab a sandwich to-go! How fun! A billboard sale + an unexpected Panera lunch. This day was looking bright!

The Review:
Date: Tuesday, September 20
Time of Day: 12:30ish
Items ordered: (2) Sierra Turkeys on whole grain and 2 unsweet teas to-go.

This Panera is very new. It is the anchor tenant at a small strip center off Memorial Drive in Lancaster. Upon entering the store, the registers are immediately straight ahead, while seating can be found on both the left and right sides of the store. It was moderately busy, but I was surprised it wasn't busier, as it was really prime lunch time.

Random NOTES:
  • I rarely order the full sandwich + chips and a drink. I ordered this out of necessity as we ate this in the car. I was surprised that two of the meals with large drinks was just under 18 bucks. The pick 2's, which I typically order, are quite expensive...a pick 2, would have been over 20 bucks for the two of us. Do I sound cheap?
  • My dad can't eat onions. One of the primary ingredients of the Sierra Turkey is onions. Oops. Don't worry I had to pick the onions off his sandwich. Fair enough, seeing as how he bought the meal.

No comments: