Sunday, September 18, 2011

2 Birds with 1 Stone at Mill Run...

The Mill Run Panera Bread is located off Fishinger Blvd. Though it is technically listed as Columbus, it really is located in the Dublin/Hilliard area. For whatever reason, I have avoided visited this location, because I thought it was a far drive. The reality is that it is only about a 10 minute drive from my house.

The decision to visit the Mill Run location was in an effort to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I had some computer related work I need to accomplish, so naturally I decided a Panera dinner slash work session was in order. My first instinct was to go to my new home base Panera, which is the Upper Arlington location. Thankfully, I decided to work off my list of Panera's and traveled to Mill Run.

THE REVIEW:
Date visited: Thursday, August 11
Time of day: 7ish
Items ordered: Chopped chicken cobb. Whole grain baguette. Water w/lemon.

Freestanding.

Sadly, as I drove up to the Mill Run Panera, I was super excited. It's a freestanding location, and appears to be fairly new. Apparently I am a big fan of the freestanding Paneras...as I notice this is a recurring theme in my reviews.

The interior is one of the largest and most open floor plans that I have seen. It also features a community room. The patio is one of the nicest Panera patios I have seen. It wraps from the entrance around the front side of the building.
View from my table.

I scoped out the interior and decided to sit near the front entrance at a table next to an outlet.

Random NOTES:
  • I love going to a Panera around the 7 o'clock hour. It is typically fairly empty, which is great if you  have work to do.
  • The only negative thing I can say about this location is that it was FREEZING. I was hoping to camp out there til close...but I could only make it about 45 minutes. Now I get cold pretty easily, but this was borderline ridiculous. I couldn't have been the only one who felt this way.
  • Because of this experience with the temperature, I have made it a point to bring a fleece coat with me anytime I go to a Panera. It's just safer that way.
  • 16 down...3 to go. I have 3 more Columbus area Panera's to review. Lancaster, Blacklick, and Tuttle. Though I think there was a new one built in Hilliard that has a drive-thru.

No comments: