Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pre-Wedding lunch at Lewis Center Panera

My good friend, David, invited me to a wedding in Tiffin, Ohio recently. When discussing the details as to when we leave and how we get there, I was excited to learn that we would drive directly past a Panera on Rt. 23! I kept this news to myself, until we made final plans...and casually mentioned that we should have lunch beforehand. He agreed. I then non-chalantly mentioned that we could stop at the Lewis Center Panera on Rt. 23. By that point I was caught...but he still agreed to go. I think he secretly wanted to be mentioned on this blog, if you ask me.

That morning of the wedding, another one of my friends, Candy called to see if I wanted to go to the New Albany Panera for breakfast. It seems I was double-booked for Panera visits. As luck would have it, Candy agreed to join David and I at the Lewis Center location.

The REVIEW.
Date visited: Saturday, April 30
Time of day: 11 ish
Those in attendance/items ordered:
Me: Chopped Chicken Cobb (my new obsession), unsweet tea, baguette
Candy: Greek salad and it appears like a lemonade?
David: Cuban chicken pannini, chips, and mt. dew

The location of this Panera is difficult to enter heading north-bound, as it is located on the left-hand side of the road. The entrances are confusing, and slightly dangerous. The layout is very similar to the Panera on Sawmill/161, however, this Panera is a free-standing unit.

Random NOTES.
  • I actually made notes on my blackberry about this visit because there were so many random notes to mention, but I have since switched cell phones, and lost this in the switch.
  • Candy was a bit late in meeting us. (Shocking)
  • We discussed blogs during our meal. Abby, who is our mutual friend and frequently mentioned on this blog, also has a blog. Candy admitted to not reading the Panera blog or Abby's blog. I won't lose sleep over that confession. She did mention that she doesn't have time to read blogs, and can just read one blog...her chiropractor's wife's. Hmm.....interesting. What?
  • I have decided to refer to Candace as "Candy" in this blog, only because she won't read it.
  • The bathrooms were tricky...you couldn't tell if someone was in the stall or not. I accidentally walked in on an elderly lady. I felt terrible.
  • This was also the day after the "royal wedding" of Prince William. We discussed our thoughts on the dress.

No comments: