Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gorgonzola, Fundraising, and other random notes at the Dublin Festival Center

Next stop...Panera Dublin, OH. Actually there are a few Panera's to choose from in "Dublin"...today's focus is the Dublin Festival Center located off of Sawmill/161. Not my first visit to this one, but this was my first visit back in nearly 7 years.

The REVIEW.

Date visited: Sunday, April 17
Time of day: 11ish
Those in attendance: Myself, Abby
Items ordered:
 Me: Chopped chicken cobb (sub feta for bleu cheese more in the random notes)
 Abby: Pick 2 combo...greek salad with some sort of meatless sandwich (I forget, again more in random      notes)

Nestled in a popular shopping center in the heart of Sawmill Rd, this Panera connects to a Barnes and Noble. It is difficult to find this store...as is anything on Sawmill. Turns out the sign code requires a tree or building to be built in front of every sign. (sarcasm)

Notice the placement of the registers.

The layout is nice. You walk directly in from the entrance and there is ample standing room to view the menu. However, I am not sure about the logic of placing the bakery registers as the first registers that you see versus the cafe register.

The crowd was pretty busy, which is to be expected for a Sunday at 11.

Random NOTES.
  • This was my second time ordering the chopped chicken cobb salad. The first time I ordered this, I wasn't a fan of the cheese. I mistakenly thought it was bleu cheese. Turns out they use gorgonzola...apparently I don't like that either. I asked the cashier at this visit to sub feta instead of bleu cheese. I was politely corrected that they don't use bleu cheese on that salad.
  • I forgot to take a pic of the food. That is why I can't remember what Abby ordered. As this visit was well over a month ago, I suppose it would be slightly creepy if I did remember everything she ordered.
  • I do remember it being unseasonably COLD, yet sunny that day. This angered me, though I was happy to see the sunshine.
  • In pure Panera style...there was a fundraiser starting the next day (April 18) to raise money for Autism Speaks. (See photo)

No comments: