Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Panera, My surprise! The Clintonville visit...

How surprised I was when my, "MY PANERA" card was swiped this past Saturday and I received $2 off my meal!! What a great reward. My friend Amy, the pregnant one, joined me on this outing...and I immediately turned to Amy upon hearing the news and proclaimed what a great deal that was! Previously, the only rewards I have been getting were a free bagel and/or pastry. 2 bucks off a Pick 2, in my book, made my day!

I had been looking forward to visiting this Clintonville Panera, located on North High Street for some time now. This was my first visit to this Panera. If you are not familiar with this area, Clintonville is a nicer neighborhood of Columbus, located about 10-15 miles north of OSU campus. This Panera is located next to a Chipotle and some other retailers inside of a strip center. I would say the building is fairly new, maybe 6 years or so?

THE REVIEW.
Date visited: Saturday, January 29
Attendance: Myself and Amy
Time of Day: 11 AM
Items ordered:
Me: Pick 2 combo, with the turkey artichoke sandwich and a greek salad. Wheat baguette, and unsweet tea.
Amy: Pick 2 combo, with the Frontega Chicken sandwich and the french onion soup. Wheat baguette and a drink...I think it was water, but it could have been sprite?

That's Amy pictured. She was concerned after she realized I was taking pictures for the blog.

I am trying to order items off the menu that I wouldn't normally...for the sake of my fans. (Note the sarcasm) So on this visit, I really went out of my comfort zone and ordered the turkey artichoke, upon a recommendation from my friend, Megan. I must admit...this sandwich was delightful! If you haven't tried this one, put it on your list of must-haves! The description reads as such from the menu:
Smoked turkey, spinach artichoke spread, Asiago-Parmesan cheese,
tomatoes & caramelized onions, grilled hot on our Focaccia.
I wanted to order a bowl of soup instead of the salad, but I got nervous at the last minute, and went with what I knew...I was already trying a new sandwich, and going for a new soup would have been overkill. Predictably...the greek salad was good. As was the baguette, and of course the unsweet tea.

In regards to Amy's order...I must say I am a little fuzzy on the details. I am 95% sure she ordered the Frontega Chicken Panini. Amy, if you are reading this, please confirm. Also, her go-to soup is the french onion, which she did order. Overall, I believe Amy would recommend her meal.

The LAYOUT.
My vantage point from the table.
This was fairly busy for an 11 AM visit, but not packed. There is a pretty big space between the entrance and the cashiers...similar to the Westerville Panera. From the entrance there are 2 main seating areas, one to the left which is a smaller, more quaint setting...and then the main dining area to the right. We sat to the left...not necessarily by choice. There weren't many options left.

I liked this Panera, and I would visit this one again.

Random NOTES.
  • I forgot to check out the bathrooms...sorry no bathroom review. But I sense they would be decent.
  • This Panera also had the bar seating area, like the Dublin Panera.
  • My biggest complaint about going to Panera with Amy is that she is always in a rush to leave...ironically, on this visit, I had to rush us out. I don't think Amy will let me live this one down.
  • Amy is pregnant, and is about to pop any day now. There is a poll on when the baby will be born and the sex. It costs a dollar to get in.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

UPDATE: I received confirmation from Amy that she did have the Frontega chicken. Also, her drink was an ice water, not a Sprite.

I should have known that Amy would not splurge on a drink.