Thursday, February 24, 2011

All business at Easton Panera

I am far behind on my Panera reviews. Last week, I visited the Easton Panera. I had a meeting that morning at the Easton office, and decided to have some tea and do some work beforehand at the Panera. I had been to this Panera a handful of times previously, but this visit will be considered the "official" visit.

As this was a visit during the week, during business hours, I would classify this visit as "all business". It was amazing to look around the restaurant and see so many people in business suits with laptops, and meetings. I would say that 95% of the people there were working.

The REVIEW.
Date visited: Thursday, Feb. 17
Time of day: 8AM
Those in attendance: flying solo with my laptop
Items ordered: Unsweet tea.

I really wanted to order an interesting drink...but I just couldn't find anything that would work. Plus when you order a fancy drink, it's more than I want to pay. So I settled on old faithful, the unsweet tea.

After getting my drink I scanned the all business crowd in search of a seat near an outlet. I found a two-seater and got set up at that table. Sitting directly in front of me in a booth, however, were 2 Panera employees. It looked like they were on a break, and about to finish up. I prefer a booth, and the booths at the Easton Panera all have outlets. So it was to my advantage to take that seat. To my luck, within 5 minutes the employees got up...and I swooped in to take the booth.

I spent about 45 minutes getting some work done on the computer and packed up.

Although I didn't get food at this Panera, I will write it up as a good atmosphere, and nice layout. It would be interesting to see the crowd on a Saturday versus a workday. My guess is that I would not be impressed, as I suspect it would be crowded and loud. The crowd on this visit was quiet, and there was no rush to hurry up and get out of there.

Random NOTES.
  • There was a sample tray.
  • No community room.
  • I mentioned 95% of the people there were either working on a laptop or in some sort of business meeting...it just so happens that the 5% that weren't there on business sat right next to me. It was a mother, daughter combo...along with the daughters twin babies. The common comment that passerbys would say to the young mother, "Boy, you have your hands full!" I heard that phrase or some variation at least 3 times, from 3 different people. I made no comments to the lady (shocking). But I did wonder if that lady gets annoyed when she keeps hearing the same comments over and over again.

No comments: