Saturday, December 17, 2011

363 days later...my final Cbus review: Grove City

Standard exterior shot.

It took me nearly 365 days, but I accomplished my goal. I have visited and reviewed every single Panera Bread in the Columbus area...all 22 of 'em! In addition I have even visited/reviewed 10 other outer market Panera Bread's throughout Ohio and the nation.

I finished this goal on Friday morning, where I reviewed the newly built Grove City Panera.

THE REVIEW:
Date visited: Friday, December 16
Time of Day: 11am ish
Items ordered: Med veg, chips, and unsweet tea
Old faithful. The med veg. Delightful.

It's no secret, I went out of my way to visit Grove City. I had an appointment in Columbus on Friday, and decided to head to Grove City to review the new Panera. My appointment was in the Easton area...and then I drove to Grove Tucky...not convenient, but well worth the effort.

Being unfamiliar with Grove City, I had to pull up directions to this Panera on my iPhone. Suprisingly, I could not spot this Panera immediately. I made the assumption that since this was brand new, it would be a free-standing Panera with a drive-thru. I was shocked to see that it was neither free-standing nor did it have a drive-thru. Rather, it was stuck in the middle of a small strip center. That's pretty unusual for the a new Panera.

I pulled up to the restaurant and had many pre-conceived notions. I assumed it was going to be your average run of the mill boring Panera. In fact, I kind of assumed it would be the same look and feel as the new Hilliard store. I was wrong.
Standard interior shot.

If you are ever in the Grove City area, visit this Panera. The decor is warm and inviting, yet the actual restaurant is fairly large. Some of the newer Panera's like the Hilliard location, are just not as cozy. It's difficult to explain, probably just a personal preference. I did notice that the GC Panera had a purple color palate. Apparently that color is settling to me.
Note the purple walls.
Random NOTES:
  • Saluting the Troops: Panera Bread is giving away Pick 2's to current military personnel and vets on 12/21 and 12/22! Spread the word!

  • Staying Hungry. Staying Foolish...I impulse bought a MacBook after my Panera trip. I actually have been contemplating this move for 2 years now. I saw there was a Best Buy near the Panera and pulled the trigger. Still blogging on my PC, however.
  • Waiting area. Have you ever been standing around waiting for your food at Panera to be called up. There really is no good place to mill around. This was brilliantly addressed at this GC location. They have a bench near the waiting area for that purpose. Genius!
Waitin' bench.

  • I am not sure how new this location is, but they were very eager to help. That's usually a sign that the place is brand new. They had one girl going around essentially busing the tables. It was nice, yet very unexpected.
  • Covelli is the franchisee of the Columbus Panera's. They also own O'Charleys. There is an O'Charleys about a block away from this Panera. Does anyone like O'Charley's? I can't say I have ever said, "Hey, lets go to O'Charley's." I have been to a few in my day, but the decision to go there is typically based on convenience and/or lack of other options.

3 comments:

Erin said...

congrats on your year anniversary. Now what?

Natalie said...

There are still plenty more Panera's that are anxiously awaiting their review from Panera Addict. So I hope to visit and review as many as possible. I also hope to mix it up a bit this year by integrating Panera recipes at home!

As always, I welcome reviews from others around the country. Perhaps someone from Maine could cover the New England area? Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

This is some funny stuff and now that I see I have made the blog, picture and all I might become a regular reader. I must say panera addict I feel honored to be on the most viewed blog in the nation. However your godmother( my mother) who is also quite the panera addict, has not yet made the blog with her spoon issues and she even sends you a picture of one every time she attends.